Robert Schmidt Wildlife Artist – Birds and mammal wildlife artist, specializing in big game species, songbird, deer, turkey and mammals, licensed art, art licensing.. Represented by JQLicensing.com
Wildlife Artist Robert J. Schmidt earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts from UW Superior and has freelanced in wildlife art for over 40 years. An avid sportsman, Bob captures subjects and scenery with his camera while hunting or fishing in North and South America, and later transforms them into original oils. There is a story behind each of his creations and his favorite subjects are big game. A native of central Wisconsin, Bob owned and operated Game Trails Wildlife Art Gallery in Siren WI from 1986-2003. He currently works from his studio and focuses on commission work.
Competitions and Awards:
- National Waterfowl Festival – Easton Maryland
- National Wildlife Art Show – Kansas City Missouri, awarded Best in Show in Big Game, two consecutive years, and Judges Order of Merit a third year
- Tulsa Wildlife Art Show – Tulsa Oklahoma, Awarded Judges Order of Merit—Big Game
- Professional Bow Hunters Stamp
- Wildlife Art Print of the Year—Wisconsin Whitetail Expo
- Wisconsin Pheasant Stamp winner –two years
- Wisconsin Trout Stamp Competition
In addition, his originals have appeared on the covers of several sporting magazines such as Bowhunter, Kansas Fish and Game, Whitetails Unlimited, Mississippi Out of Doors, Wisconsin DNR and Professional Bowhunters. To view all of Robert Schmidt’s licensed art please visit www.jqlicensing.com.